Sunday, January 2, 2011

Abby Noo Ear!

It's 2011! Yay!

I hope everyone had an awesome night on New Year's, I know I did.


So, for the last couple months I've been having problems with my laptop. It would over heat, or just plain not work. Last month, my DVD player quit on me. My dad was really awesome and bought me an external CD/DVD drive so that I could still use my laptop and not have to buy a whole new one, which I can't really afford given the whole moving across the country thing.

So yesterday I got back from my awesome New Year's celebrations and my laptop just wouldn't run. I'd get it started, and five minutes later it would click off after overheating. Well, crap. Happy New Year to me.

So, this morning, my dad and I began the very long and laborious process of taking apart my Toshiba Satellite, hoping that maybe we could just replace the fan. I should have taken pictures. For real, once we got it open, the dust bunny inside my fan was the size of a fingernail. Not a small one either; like the size of my thumb.

Tip: don't use your laptop while it's sitting on a fuzzy blanket. Bad news bears.

So we decided, just for the hell of it, to put it back together to see if the fan would work or if we needed a whole new one. Somewhere in this process, I switched around my memory cards. Remember this.

So, I restarted it.
WAIT.

The fan now works like a dream.

And, it turns out my primary memory card was corrupt.
So switching them made everything go right again.

That fancy new hot pink CD/DVD drive my dad was so nice to get me for Christmas?
Null and void, because my DVD drive works again.

My laptop works again, and works like a dream!

Happy New Year to me!

And all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment