Sunday, July 11, 2010

Drastic Decisions

So I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do with my life.

For a really long time, I wanted to work for the government, maybe go into the Foreign Service or the CIA, but now I'm looking at an all together different CIA.

That is, the Culinary Institute of America.

Cooking has always been there for me. When things go wrong, I know I can always go bake something or make a meal and it will work. Yes, I may clang things around a lot and possibly drop not one, not two, but three eggs on the floor (yes, it has happened), but in the end it all works. As long as I don't run out of eggs.

All jokes aside, I am actually serious about this. I may not get into the CIA, but I'm certainly applying there, as well as a handful of other culinary schools, both domestic and international.

Side note: Le Cordon Bleu has a €1500 application fee. Just for the application. Damn.

Anyway, I'm officially transferring from RIT after fall quarter. This is my notice to you all. At the moment, I'm not sure whether I will be immediately transferring for winter term or taking some time off to work as an au pair in France, but either way, fall will be my last term at RIT.

As such, I fully expect it to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment